Food businesses around the world invest heavily in their kitchens and high-traffic areas. They are very well-versed with the fact that stakes are extremely high when it comes to a hassle-free functionality of the kitchen. It is key to run a successful food trade in any market.
The right kind of material to be used in the kitchen is prime as it facilitates easy work pattern and maintenance.
But when we talk about the visibility feature of any hospitality business, Benchtop catering equipment and the material types play a key role in the presentation of food and drinks services. According to Rany Obaidi from Marblo Groups quotes that the feeling of approaching a stained or a tabletop of spills is not unknown.
Business kitchens are the spine of any food trade. And the most preferred material in such kitchens is stainless steel. You will find many variants of stainless steel used by commercial kitchen manufacturers to create and design commercial stainless steel benchtops.
An excellent tabletop is versatile as it touches many areas like performance, functionality and reliability. And a design that aids all of these three are most successful in places like pubs, bars, restaurants and commercial kitchens. Jessica Almeida, marketing coordinator, Wilsonart Australia quotes that such a place requires surface materials that outshine other factors.
Give that perfect statement to your pastry parlour by placing your cakeries on display with Curved Glass Cake Display. Check out for the most competitive prices at Simco group.
Crucial considerations for commercial benchtop catering equipment areas are:
- Resistance to scratches
- Impact resistance
- The lifespan of the material
- Carefully designed to facilitate ease of use
- Ability to resist stains and spills
- Can withstand cleaning solvents of various magnitudes
Grace Simitzis, National Sales Manager at Consentino Australia quotes that the ability of the material to withstand the design is one factor that will make it stand above all. Is the material conducive to larger sizes without joints or spacious edges giving more workspace area or can hold firmly multi-utility projected brackets? These are details which need to be pay heed by the manufacturers and designers.
We will walk you through the various types of materials that could be used while opting a commercial benchtop:
Soup Kettles are often known to keep your fresh soup warm and ready to serve. Its apparatus protects the food from external exposure and serves as a complete solution to soup lovers hitting your restaurants. Check out.
Types of materials used for commercial benchtops in different avenues
It is imperative to choose the right type of tabletop material to facilitate efficient kitchen jobs and add to the visual appeal of the foodservice.
Let’s take a look:
- Stainless Steel Benchtops
Stainless Steel Benchtops is a staple of a commercial kitchen. But is making its space in domestic kitchens now. A variety of stainless steel grades is used to accommodate all needs and requirements of food businessman. A low-grade of stainless steel cannot withstand heavy impact while a medium grade if stainless steel benchtop is both affordable and durable. The biggest advantage of this material is that it is a food-grade material. A highly heat-resistant, stain-resistant, hygienic and easy to clean medium, manufacturers create and design commercial equipment to propel efficient kitchen jobs.
Types of Stainless steel used in commercial equipment
Maintenance of stainless steel benchtops is extremely easy. Mild soapy water and a light brush can clean and disinfect the surface. You can also use industry-grade disinfectant to get rid of bacteria and other pathogens. Applying stainless steel polish can ensure you years of shine.
How to maintain and clean kitchen equipment
- Reconstituted Benchtops
One of the most popular choices is the Reconstituted Benchtops. Manufacturers carefully curate the required combination according to the demand of certain businesses. A beautiful amalgamation of natural components like quartz granules, granite, marble or glass chips cast into a polymer resin base.
Quartz based products are particularly popular for use in the domestic kitchen or pub tabletops.
- Visual appeal
- Extremely attractive,
- Natural beauty
- Strong and highly durable
- Hygienic and food safe
- Virtually non-porous. So it’s highly resistant to mould, mildew, stains and scratches.
- Also a good choice for splashbacks
Find out the best deals on Square Glass Cake Display
- Natural Benchtops
A marble or a granite tabletop is usually found in customer dealing areas like bars, pubs and cafe counters. These types of surfaces require care but they are very much in fashion. You can find some in commercial kitchens too. You can always talk to your commercial benchtop catering equipment supplier about the type of material that could suit your needs. These are highly-priced. So take a calculative approach while looking for such options.
- Granite is extremely low porosity. So it is hygienic, food safe.
- Super easy to clean with a damp soft cloth and a non-abrasive detergent.
- To maintain the finesse get it sealed half-yearly.
- Routine cleaning and wiping are required.
- Remember to factor this ongoing cost when considering marble.
- Small scratches add a statement to your benchtop while you serve your guests.
- Wipe often. Foods with citrus nature or acidic feature can eat the stone.
- Granite and Marble are susceptible to climate change. Be alert while placing hot pans or utensils. Stone might crack and cost you a makeover.
- Concrete Benchtops
A newbie that is gaining popularity in industrial kitchens and the contemporary ones is Concrete Benchtops. Surprisingly, this material is a multi-tasker. They are cast into a variety of shape and sizes to accommodate business requirements. The concrete mix is transferred into a mould that is prefabricated. Later it is coloured or stained to give it a professional look. You can opt from components like pebbles and basalt to give your designer bug an edge that adds a statement to your business place. In the end, they are polished to imitate mirror effects.
- Concrete tabletops are incredibly tough, durable and long-wearing.
- A raw look of this material is also non-porous to oils, stains and spills.
- You can pick from a variety of sealants if you wish to buy from commercial benchtop catering equipment sale.
- Concrete is tough but not indestructible. Temperature shifts can bring cracks to the surface.
Baine Marie is one of the most versatile equipment in a business kitchen. Heating cooked food, melting ingredients for a certain cooking process or mixing food jobs- Bain Marie is a super hit. Shop for best deals at www.simcogroup.com.au.
- Acrylic Composite / Solid Surface Benchtops
They are considered the most hygienic benchtop options. On a commercial scale, it is highly preferred in hospital setups. It is created in solid colours that replicate natural stone like marble. A highly versatile material that can be shaped into any design. It hygienic quotient gives pathogens no space to breed. Polishing such surfaces gives a sleek seamless effect.
- Extremely durable but still be alert while dealing with heat.
- Use of heat mats or trivets is highly recommended.
- Easy repair and maintenance by buffing or with a simple scouring pad.
- You should of course always follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and over time you can consider using a professional recommended by an authorised retailer to refinish.
- Efficient cleaning with a microfiber cloth with a mild detergent.
- Tiled Benchtops
Tiles are particularly preferred in business kitchens and country style kitchens. The options available are as extensive as the tiles available. Varied colours, themed concepts, white staple tiles, various sizes and projected concepts- you have a plethora of options to choose from. The most preferred material is the epoxy grout as it is highly durable than the standard ones.
Do you need pans and lids that can be used for an oven? Check out our online inventory. Or just drop a call and we will get back to you.
Simco Group is the most reliable supplier for Benchtop catering equipment in Sydney and Perth. You can also crack a good deal where benchtop catering equipment are on sale. But make sure you keep the above considerations in mind as you are planning to invest in the business. And in the food business, stakes are high.